Avoid Delays! Make Your FOIA Demand Online
Throughout the nationwide response that is COVID-19 our ability to process paper FOIA requests and deliver records by mail will soon be significantly paid off.
Use our online FOIA system to demand:
- Your very own immigration record,
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record, or
- Non-A-File information such as for example policies, information, or communications.
We shall publish our reaction to your demand in your USCIS on line account and notify you.
Get the reaction faster, keep our workforce safe, and minimize the spread of COVID-19 by simply making your FOIA request on the web.
Records You’ll Request from USCIS
Beneath the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), you can easily request:
- Your immigration record;
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record; or
- Non-A-File information such as for instance USCIS policies, information, or communications.
To Get Your Records as Efficiently as you are able to
- Go to the USCIS Electronic checking area to ensure we now have perhaps perhaps perhaps perhaps not already posted the records you will need.
- Make the right agency to your request by reviewing the sections below. We don’t have all immigration documents.
- Demand only the documents you will need, even as we can get back exact demands faster.
Demand records online to immediately:
- Get the demand lined up for processing;
- Understand we received your demand; and
- Be notified once we plan your demand.
On the web records are really easy to:
- Access from the phone, tablet, or computer;
- Forward to some other individual; and
- Print and download.
Current average FOIA request times that are processing
The status of one’s FOIA documents request
Look at the Check Request reputation page, scroll down, and enter your FOIA control quantity
Documents which are significantly more than a century old
Details about our FOIA process or procedure
Documents on the behalf of person in Congress
Immigration records by practices apart from our online system
Requesting documents by e-mail, fax, or mail shall wait our reaction to you. Use our online FOIA system to acquire documents in a quicker, more convenient online format.
If you want to request documents by mail, you ought to:
- Complete and sign Form G-639, Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Request (PDF, 384.25 KB) after reading its directions (PDF, 241.33 KB)
- Draft a request documents which has your full name, mailing target, date of delivery, host to delivery, and a signature this is certainly notarized, or one that’s finalized under penalty of perjury.
Then deliver your demand to USCIS by:
- Fax at 816-350-5785;
- Mail at: Nationwide Records Center (NRC) FOIA/PA Workplace P.O. Box 648010 Lee’s Summit, MO 64064-8010
Making your demand by some of these techniques will need which you:
Available records under area 508 of this Rehabilitation Act
- Topic line “FOIA Disability Rooms”
- Your title
- A telephone number where you are able to be reached
- Your FOIA Control Quantity
We will contact one to help.
The more accurate you will be making your demand, the greater effectively the records can be returned by us you may need.
You can examine the status of an current FOIA demand regarding the Check reputation of FOIA Request page.
Certain papers from an immigration file (A-File)
Simple demand, therefore it is more beautifulpeople profiles likely to go quickly.
Specialized request, therefore our review will more than likely have an amount that is significant of.
In the event that you request вЂњthe application and all sorts of supporting documents,вЂќ our review will demand additional time than a obtain a particular document.
An A-File as quickly as possible, since you have actually a planned hearing by having an immigration judge.
Priority demand, however you must consist of a duplicate of 1 associated with after kinds, released by the Department of Homeland safety or Department of Justice, along with your demand:
Should you want to dispute a USCIS FOIA request, please look at the site for the workplace of Government Ideas Services (OGIS). OGIS provides mediation between FOIA requestors and federal agencies.
USCIS won’t have all immigration documents, therefore make sure to create your demand into the right agency.
Importer Trade Activity (ITRAC)
Applications from U.S. residents for U.S. passports
Visa needs from noncitizens to go into the U.S.
When you have questions regarding your pending FOIA/PA demand, you may possibly:
- Phone the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 (TTY: 800-767-1833);
- Fax questions into the nationwide Records Center at 802-860-6908 or 816-350-5785; or
- E-mail the questions you have .
The nationwide Records Center can just only respond to questions about FOIA/PA needs. We can not assistance with pending applications, petitions, or just about any other variety of immigration matter.